FIGHTSPLIT
UFC

Namo Fazil Says 15 Men Jumped Him Before His Contender Series Loss

Fazil blames a mid-weight-cut hotel ambush for his third-round KO defeat to Kaik Brito — and points a finger at an undefeated UFC middleweight.

By FightSplit Editorial Team · Published Aug 20, 2026

Namo Fazil taunts an opponent during a Dana White's Contender Series welterweight bout
FightSplit

Namo Fazil dropped his Contender Series headliner on Tuesday, losing by third-round knockout to Kaik Brito after a genuine back-and-forth scrap. A day later, he offered an explanation that has nothing to do with Brito: he says a group of roughly 15 men showed up at his hotel room the night before and slapped him around while he was mid-weight-cut.

According to a social media video Fazil posted Wednesday, he was deep into his cut — down more than 10 of the 14 kilos (about 30 pounds) he says he sheds for a fight — when someone knocked on his door. Fazil claims his coaches opened it to find a crowd he described as Chechen, one of whom slapped him twice. His team held him back, police were called, and the whole thing spilled into the lobby.

UFC CEO Dana White had already teased that "some shit" went down at the fighter hotel before the event but declined to elaborate. Fazil's version fills in the blanks, and it's a wild one. He said he told the man to wait until after his fight to settle things, and framed the video as an explanation rather than an excuse — insisting this wasn't a Van Damme movie and that 15 people could have done far worse if they'd wanted to.

Who He's Pointing At

Fazil didn't name a name directly, but the finger appears to land on undefeated middleweight Baisangur Susurkaev, who posted Instagram stories mocking Fazil after the loss. The bad blood reportedly traces back to Fazil calling out Islam Dulatov in pre-fight interviews and angling for a fight in Abu Dhabi in October. Susurkaev sits at 12-0 with nine KOs and two submissions, coming off a third-round rear-naked choke of Djorden Santos.

None of this is confirmed. These are Fazil's allegations plus some social media needling, and no serious injuries were reported. But the timing is impossible to ignore for a fighter who looked, by his own admission, nothing like himself against Brito.

The Bigger Picture

White loves a story, and this one sells itself. The Contender Series machine has now funneled fighters who've collectively banked $225.3 million in the UFC since July 2017 — roughly $25 million a year across the 420 fighters who've competed in the promotion off the show. A losing headliner usually goes home empty-handed, but a headliner tangled up in a viral hotel brawl is a different kind of asset. If the beef is real, it might be the most valuable thing Fazil brought to Vegas.

Related / UFC