Six UFC Contracts in One Night: Inside DWCS Season 10, Week 2
Kaik Brito's third-round knockout capped a night where Dana White handed out six deals — including one to a fighter he called a 5/1 underdog.
By FightSplit Editorial Team · Published Aug 19, 2026

Dana White doesn't hand out six contracts on a whim. That's exactly what happened at the Meta APEX on Tuesday night, as Season 10, Week 2 of the Contender Series turned into one of the most productive evenings in the show's history — five winners and one loser all walked away with UFC deals.
Headlining it was Kaik Brito, who slammed the door on Namo Fazil with a monstrous overhand right early in the third round. Fazil had eaten Brito's best shots and kept marching forward all night, but the iron chin finally gave out. Brito, now 20-6 with 17 knockouts, becomes a UFC lightweight at the second time of asking — and White made no secret of how much he enjoyed the finish, calling it a spectacular way to end the card.
Brito said he always believed he belonged, that he knew he deserved a second shot and intended to put on a show. He got his wish, and White told him to get over there. He's expected to make his Octagon debut later this year.
Miller Flips the Odds
The night's best story might belong to Trent Miller, a middleweight who walked in as a 5/1 underdog against Douglas Rodrigues and left with a contract. Miller slammed Rodrigues to the canvas, and when the Brazilian refused to abandon his guillotine attempt, Miller found the perfect angle for a Von Flue choke — only the second time that technique has closed a fight in Contender Series history.
White, never one to sugarcoat, admitted flat out that he'd thought Rodrigues was the better fighter. Then Miller went and won both rounds anyway, and White welcomed him aboard on the spot. It's a full-circle moment for the 10-3 middleweight, who lost at this same building a year ago to Ryan Gandra.
That detail lands harder when you check the math. Gandra — the man who beat Miller at APEX last year — is now 10-1 and booked against Ozzy Diaz at UFC 331 after a first-round knockout of Zach Reese. Miller's route was longer, but he's finally on the same roster, and he did it by torching the pre-fight assumptions.
Two second-chance stories, one absurd rare submission, and a knockout of the night to cap it off. Weeks like this are exactly why the Contender Series still matters — and why four of these six are heading to the Octagon sooner rather than later, with two more reportedly already in hospital when White made the calls.
Related / UFC

Cris Cyborg's PFL Farewell Might Not Be Goodbye at All
Cyborg chases a record 30th MMA win against Ketlen Vieira in Tampa — but at 41, the 'retirement fight' label may be more marketing than promise.
Aug 19, 2026

Tyron Woodley Plans MMA Comeback at 44, Rides Hard for Din Thomas
Woodley hasn't won a fight since beating Darren Till in 2019. Now he's booked for RAF, eyeing an MMA return, and defending his coach against Sean Strickland.
Aug 19, 2026

Carlos Prates Says the UFC Promised Him Next Shot at Islam Makhachev
Prates claims a new deal locks in a title fight against the 17-fight winning machine — while Michael Morales gets bumped despite serving as UFC 330 backup.
Aug 19, 2026